Joe grew up in Salem and graduated from the University of Oregon in 1975. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree from the College of Business Administration with a focus in Accounting. He obtained his certificate as a CPA in 1979 while working for a local accounting firm. He also worked as a controller for a new car dealership prior to returning to public accounting in 1982. He and his wife Lori have been married for 40 years and have two adult children, Natalie and Joseph, who both live in the Willamette Valley. He enjoys golf, when time permits.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Tax Division
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants
- SEDCOR - Salem Economic Development Corporation
- Willamette Valley Bank Chairman
- Illahe Hills Country Club-Former Board Member